Thursday, April 17, 2008

The War Between Google Adwords and Google Free Traffic

Adwords -vs- Free Traffic

google logo
A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a site that advertised free website traffic. As you might have guessed my first thought was yeah sure, and what’s the catch. As I begin to read the article, there were several things that got my attention. One of the first things that got my attention was what I was reading on the subject of Adwords. The author of the article made this glaring statement “people are making Google money, no, lots of money with run away Adword accounts.” He was basically SHOUTING we are giving Google all of our cash, while we earn a pittance for an income. And I ask you What is wrong with this picture?

What gave this statement so much authority was not so much of what I have heard over the years as what a fellow marketer from a program where “a certain guy” tells all, wrote me four days prior to reading this articlet about free traffic. And this guy was on a limited income. This is what he says: “Larry, I did try to get my Marketing /Advertising in place by using Google Adwords (pay per click) to market my website as instructed in the program.

Using Google Adwords however is not as simple or anywhere near as cost effective as K's System leads you to believe... If you CAN get it right it can work for you... However it takes a lot of trial and error to get the correct combination of " KEYWORDS and COST/PER CLICK " to make it work without costing a small fortune as I found out.”

You did get that, didn’t you? “Without costing a small fortune.” This is the very thing I was reading about in this article, and I am hearing HELLO! loud and clear here. It isn’t like I haven’t heard it all before, but somehow it was like a light bulb going on at mach speed and flooding my brian with the news.

So one has to ask themselves, what’s the real skinny here? Can you really make out with adwords without it costing you a small fortune as some say? Then what about free traffic? Does anyone ever get anything for free, I mean really for free?

Having some experience with SEO, being a webmaster and network administrator a few years back my first thought was this is probably just about SEO. I was wrong. In fact I was almost entirely wrong about what I thought this guy was trying to sell me on. I hate admitting I am wrong, as do most of us, but I was dead wrong. Not only was I wrong, I had many things to think about after purchasing and reading the e-book this guy was selling.

There was something else he said that got my attention and that was this: “After I got this down right, I closed my Adwords account.” Then he dared me to do a search in Google to where one of his sites is number 1 and click on that link once, and double dared me to do it a thousand times, why? It wasn’t going to cost him a cotton picken penny. That’s right, not one red cent.
You know what? Not only was he right, he is getting free traffic from Google and the other search engines. The best part is he is more than happy to show us how he does it. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather get my traffic for free! And guess what the good news is? You can get this information for a whole lot less than what a Google Adwords campaign will cost you and a whole lot less than a night out on the town would cost you.


The Internet is a fascinating entity particularly the area of marketing, with many ever changing faces. Those changes faces intrigue me, giving me reason to study trends and ways to earn and save money. My motto is to pass on valuable info to those who's interest is in making and saving money.
http://www.moneymakingdollars.com/free-traffic.html

No comments:

Web 2.0 Templates